Holy Cross Associates
“We are in touch with many lay people such as former pupils, friends, benefactors and our family members. We maintain a cordial and fraternal relationship with them which are a source of mutual enrichment.
When we perceive a spiritual thirst in some, we recommend them to follow us more closely. Sometimes, the lay people themselves express this desire. We initiate them into a process of formation during which their call to be closely associated with the Congregation is made clear. Then, they submit their request for a commitment. If this request is accepted by the Congregation, then they become Lay Associates.” General chapter p. 21
A HC Associate is a member of the Holy Cross Family. The experience of the unconditional love of God in her/his daily life urges her/him to share it with others, in prayer and service, after the examples of Mother Claudine Echernier and Father Peter Mermier.
Jesus on the Cross and Our Lady of Compassion are our constant guides and models.
A HCA lives the spirit of the Holy Cross by fulfilling these objectives:
- Giving God the first place at all times and in all things.
- Listening to God in prayer and in the Scriptures.
- Spreading the values of God’s Kingdom.
- Fostering devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Following the ideals of Mother Claudine Echernier and Father Peter Mermier.
- Living the Spirituality of St. Francis de Sales and St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Sharing in the apostolate of the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod.